Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook, Macro for forwarding to specific reciepient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasteup

Technical User
Jun 25, 2002
US
I receive several e-mails each day that I then forward to another e-mail address (to the same address in all cases). Is there some way to automate this process, eliminating the need to hit "forward," then type in the name, then hit "send." I currently use the keyboard shortcuts for these three steps,
but even so the process still seems unduly cumbersome. It would be simple enough to set up such a macro in Word, by simply recording the steps and assigning them to a macro, but there doesn't seem to be a similar method in Outlook (unless I've missed it) -- and I'm not up to writing a visual basic script.
Thanks

Is there any particular reason you can't set up a rule to automatically forward these messages?

Outlook 2003:
Tools->Rules and Alerts...

Thanks, but not in this case -- the incoming can be from virtually anyone. Background: We are a small weekly newspaper, and I forward copy that comes in by e-mail to an off-site typist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back