Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook - Location Information???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfreng

Vendor
Apr 17, 2007
US
I can not enter any phone numbers into my contacts. Everytime I try an enter a number as soon as I hit save and exit a pop up requests location information, problem is I can not enter anything in the country/area section. There is a drop down area that is blank and keying in anything does not work either. The only way to get phone numbers in the contacts is enter them on my cell phone and wirelessly sync the two. Any ideas

58sniper,

Just went there and tried that. The country/region is blank too. once again cant type anything in that area or select an option from the drop down menu. I do not have a modem installed in this computer as I have broadband connection and have no use for a modem. Could this be an issue contributing to this? Would the software that comes with the modem have country/area info worked into it so it could populate what it is asking for?

Not that I can think of. You typically have to have your location and area code configured so that Outlook knows what format to use for displaying and dialing phone numbers listed in Contacts.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back