Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook is telling me I don't have appropriate permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesvaz

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
US
When I click on Send/Receive, I get the message, "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation." I went to the Outlook and Extend files, and unclicked on Read Only. I also gave the person Full Control access and Ownership. I also tried going to the registry as suggested by someone, but I'm not sure how to change the settings onde I'm in the specific key. Any solutions out there?

I might be able to help you with this one but I'll need some clarification.
[ul][li]Who's doing the 'Sending/Recieving'? You stated you gave "the person" Full Controll.[/li]
[li]What's your platform and setup (i.e. Outlook 2000 on a 'Corporate' setup).[/li]
[li]What's the scenario? Are you trying to give someone the ability to 'Send On Your Behalf'?[/li][/ul]

Let me know (unless the issue is already resolved.) I'll do the best I can.

[3eyes]

jkstamp2-a.gif

A supervisor uses her bellsouth.net e-mail account privately through dialup, separate from the network.
In the network, she has full control administrator rights.
She reads her private e-mails every morning, and last Friday she went to retrieve her mail by clicking on Send/Receive, and that's when she came across the error message.
Now, I don't know if by giving her administrator permissions in the network the day before, had anything to do with her not being able to retrieve her mail from Outlook or not. See if you can figure this one out. A network administrator that I work with cannot figure this one out either. I appreciate your help tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back