Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook: Is it possible for RULE to send a specific message everyday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebLazer

Programmer
Jun 7, 2002
US
My company uses Outlook with an Exchange server. Is there any way to set up a rule, etc. that will send out the exact same e-mail to the entire office everyday at the same time?

Thanks!

RebLazer
Chicago,IL

This is a very good question RebLazer, if that is your real name. I will need some time to look into it to find an answer.

[afro]

[lightsaber]

RebLazer

As fas as I know, you can not do this without add-on programmes.

There is a shareware - AlarmWiz which can do scheduled emailing without outlook. It is a small programme, works well and is inexpensive. You can get free evalutaion copy.
I use it to email me a backup of our zipped database.

DOES WHAT YOU WANT TO - NOT THE WAY YOU WANTED TO !!!

There is another utility - TaskZip - this is a freeware
This will do a scheduled zip of any folder.

Hi,

I use this kind of thing on a fornightly basis, but to get the job done it takes a little work.

It's not fully automatic (semi) as you needs Outlook running an user interaction. It's a recurring task, that when marked as complete, creates an e-mail based on a custom form and then e-mail's it to everyone specified in the form.

If anyone needs this let me know and I'll post a reply.

I also have an Exchange programming book so I'll take a look in there too.

Th AlrmWiz look cool too.

Digga

Sharing Knowledge Saves Valuable Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back