Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook intermittently unable to connect to Exchange Server. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

POOLSKARK

Technical User
Jun 24, 2005
US
I have a network with 3 servers. One is the DNS server. One is the file server, and the last server is an Exchange server. There are around 65 users connecting to these servers. All of the users are using Outlook to retreive there email.

The problem I am having is that recently certian users have been having trouble reaching the server. I do not know the exact message, but when Outlook is opened after some waiting a message comes up saying that the Exchange server was not able to be located. This is only happening to certian users, and it will randomly occur. It will also go away after some time and the email will work agian. Any information that anyone can give on this matter will be appericated.

Thanks

Had that problem a while ago.

Can't remember the whole solution but I believe I adjusted my DNS and used this registry patch.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider]
"Rpc_Binding_Order"="ncacn_ip_tcp,ncalrpc,netbios,ncacn_spx,ncacn_np,ncacn_vns_spp"

Perhaps there is a problem on the network with a cable or switch / hub that is causing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back