Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook inbox repair tool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

omarjed

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
SA

I have problem opening my personal folder the masseg
I got asking me to use inbox repair tool,where can
I found it.

Usually located in Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools called Inbox Repair Tool.

If it's not there, do a search on your c: drive for scanpst.exe and run that. You'll need to know where your .PST file is located first. To find out, go to Start->Settings->Control Panel and double-click the mail icon. Highlight Personal Folders (or the name of your personal folder) and click properties. You'll see the location of your PST in the path: field. if this screen never shows, then perhaps your PST file is severely corrupted and you will have to do a search for *.pst instead.

What if you get the message that you should run the Inbox Repair Tool every time you log into Outlook 2000 (in C/W Mode) connected to Exchange 5.5, but your profile isn't set up to even use personal folders?

I would try deleting and recreate your profile for starters. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back