Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook hanging on clients after server move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fez

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2000
EU
Over the weekend I installed a new server and move our installation of Exchange to it following TechNet article Q155216. Everything looks fine on the server and from a number of clients.

All users are able to login to Exchange via Outlook but Outlook hangs when trying to access email, calendar etc. To complicate matters further a large number of users (inc myself) are working with no problems!

I can run Outlook fine from my PC but not from one where the user has reported they cannot run Outlook.

The server is running NT4 SP6a, Exchange 5.5 Enterprise Edition SP4 and the clients are Win 95 running Outlook 98.

Any suggestions will be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Richard

I ran into the exact same situation. For me, the solution was to create an entry for the Exchange server in the host files of the offending PC's.

Thanks Mrenn.

The problem was solved by deleting then recreating the mail profile for each user who was experiancing the problem (Technet article Q198108).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back