Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook freezes when a Word/Excel file is attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwce

MIS
Jul 4, 2003
US
A new problem has developed with my users. When attaching a Word or Excel file to an Outlook email Outlook freezes. This has slowly spread through the office. It is somewhat hit or miss, but a major problem. Also, office files from our network drive (Windows 2000 Server) open extremely slowly. May users hace experienced these problems - some from Win 2000 workstations, some from XP Pro.

We also have an NT 4 Domain Controller which also is the print server. Recently all print connections were suddenly lost. I have run virus scans and no problems found. I am wondering about the NT 4 server, though. What are your thoughts? Thank you.

A followup on symptoms: When opening Word or Excel from the Network drive (clicking on the file) all is OK. The problem is when you File Open from within Word or Excel. You get a partially open list of files that forces an End Task beacuse of a not responding program. We are using MS Office 2000 Small Business with SR-1. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back