Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Free and Busy Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubertech

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
US
How do I see the details of others free/busy appointments when scheduling them for an appointment? I can see that they are eiter free or busy but I can't see the details of it when going to the scheduling tab.

We are all using Outlook 2003 and we are on Exchange 2003. I also have exchange administrative rights.

Let me note: I can see some peoples details so I know there is a common denominator...just don't know where the option is or maybe even a Service Pack for Outlook...

No replies? Come on I know one of you knowlegable tech's know...

Do I take it you mean you can see if an invited party is free/busy but not the actual details of the free/busy event?
If you want to see there details the invited party must give you access to their diary/calendar for you to see this info.
Being an administrator doesn't necessarily give you this.
If you need further help on granting rights just post it here and I'll walk you through it.

Regards, Phil

"Then I’d say what’s the point of having rank if you can’t pull it?"

(DCI Jack Meadows)

Go ahead and post what someone must do to give another person/group access to their calendar...

Thanks!

On their inbox, right click, Properties, Permissions, Add, (select the user name, probably going to be you), Decide what level of functionality they will receive (this ranges from Owner to none) Editor will probably suffice for your purposes.

Let me know if you get any joy from this?

Regards, Phil

"If in doubt, hit it with an end user!

Another way to do this (which gives your user a greater view of what is happening) is to:
Tools, Options, Delegates, Add (you name again) once added click the name and set the permission here.
It's a more transparent view of permissions to each area of your mail
You’d be wanting calendar permissions

Regards, Phil

Another note: (getting carried away here)
Check
Tools, Options, Calendar Options, Free/Busy Options.
Ensure that the "publish (number) month(s) of calendar free/busy information on the server" is filled out.
Mine is set to 6 months with a refresh/publish of every 15 minutes and my team can see mine fine when all this is done.

Regards, Phil

Yes this worked. But now I have to set this up on every single users calendar...what a pain...unless there is a more simplistic method?

Never done this on a network other than for a few people on individual teams.
Try looking on a microsoft website for this one, sorry

Regards, Phil

P.S. The way we do it is to get the end user to grant you access (it's their calendar anyway)
My advice would be to write up the points above and send them to all the users who you require access to explaining why you need it.

Regards, Phil

hello

instead of adding individual people, on individual computers, you can create a shared outlook calender, upon which everyone should create their appointments.

everyone can write, everyone can read (but only the creators can edit/change their own appointments)

hope that helps

frainbreeze

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back