Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook forms help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpln

Technical User
Feb 23, 2005
GB
We are running Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2002.

I have created a custom form in the Organizational Forms Library and the form shows under Public folders in Outlook.

Problem is, I can see the custom form for the contacts, but if another user accesses a contact, they see it with Outlook's default contact form.

How can I get it so that all users see my custom form please?

Thanks

Although I am not an IT profesional by day, I recently created an new form template for my firms contacts simialr to what you did.

You need to load the form for each user and then select that form as the default form for all new contacts.
1. Highlight Contacts folder
2. Right click on Properties
3. Select Forms tab
4. Click "Set" button
5. Click the Public contacts folder where you saved the form
6. Highlight the form and select copy - the form should now be associated with the user's contacts. You still need to set it as the default form however, so read on...
7. Select the General tab
8. Click the drop down under "Select form to use when posting to this folder" - You should see the form you just associated (if not, you may need to click 'ok' and then right click the folder and reselect Properties for it to appear)
9. Click Apply and Ok
10. Open a new form - it should open in the new form

You may also want to convert all your existing contacts to the newly created form (the following link explains how to do this:

Good luck

Thanks very much. I'll give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back