Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express6 e-mail problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbishopjr

Technical User
May 24, 2002
US
I recently installed OE6, and my wife and I have profiles set up. Well, when she receives an e-mail, it goes to my inbox not hers. Even though the e-mail has her address on it. I searched the Knowledge base on Microsoft and found nothing there... could anyone shed some light on this problem? Thanks a bunch! Waymond

It's amazing how much can be done when no one cares who gets the credit!

What OS are you running and how do you use OE?
Seperate login or 2 mailboxes in OE? If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

Any chance you changed to a common store location (as is often suggested here)? The easist thing may be to create a new profile and delete one of the old ones. Then import the old address book.

You know, I finally decided to uninstall 6 and go back to 5. The real problem was with IE 6.0, and as a byproduct of that install I got OE 6 as well. I upgraded to 5.5 IE (from the original 5.0) and haven't had a problem yet!!! Thanks for the suggestions though, I always love coming to this place for the helpful advice...

cheers Waymond

It's amazing how much can be done when no one cares who gets the credit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back