Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
I had a power outage the other night and since then I can't send email from my main account. I can receive but not send. I also have my hotmail account running through oe and I can send from it. This is the error I'm getting when trying to send email:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'dlkcks@hotmail.com'. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.myisp.com', Server: 'mail.myisp.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <dlkcks@hotmail.com>... Relaying denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I checked the options tab and didn't see any thing wrong? I also turned off the firewall to see if that had any thing to do with the error.

Thanks Dave

you need to find out what is the SMTP server name from your ISP, like for comcast, its mail.comcast.com

everybody usually has different SMTP because other ISP don't want somebody outside just able to send email through their outgoing server, just like you don't give your FedEX account number to everyone

hope this helps, please let me konw

careemind2004

I have the correct SMTP address for the account. I just used &quot;myisp&quot; in place of my actuall address because I don't like to give it it out.

The key is 'Relaying denied'. What type of internet connection is this? Generally, this type of error is set up by whoever is running the mail server to prevent spam from being 'relayed' through their server by someone that is not directly connected to their service. For example, if you dial into ISP A for your internet connection, but try to send mail through ISP B's mail server without connecting to the internet directly through ISP B. Could that be the case (or something similar)?

Just wanted to check if

In OE - Tools - Accounts - Mail Properties - Servers - Outgoing Server Requires Authentication is checked.
Also click on the settings and give the appropriate settings.

regards
MP

Every thing is working fine this morning. last night I removed the mail account, restarted the computer, then reinstalled my mail account.

Thanks All

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back