Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook express subfolders r missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2002
IL
I have Outlook Express v.5 (internet explorer 5.5)with 150 subfolders.
Today most of them r missing,the dbx files still there but the outlook express canot take it from there.
I have try scandisk,defrag and to c them from other computer,to change the store directory and nothing help.
Any tipps???

Off the top of my head I would say to update outlook by installing IE6 this will replace any files that are missing and you should be able to access the folders you are now not able to , Dont have any other advice unless you can extract the files from your install disk ,using Start-Find-Files and Folders .

I dont think this is the problem.
I think the file just corapt.
Thanks anywher

Although it could be a corrupted peice of mail truncating the rest of the loading (try to find the latest peice of mail in the system thats showing and delete it totally), try checking your views and layout options under view and see if something got tweaked there to hide or group messages in a different way that might be "hiding" your folders. The more we know, the more we know there's more to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back