Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mef930

MIS
Apr 30, 2003
When I click Outlook Express to open it, it starts to open but it never opens. It only gets to the welcome screen of outlook express before it closes down. Can someone help me with this problem?

You might want to start with a repair or update of Internet Explorer. What versions of Windows, IE and OE do you have?

I have Windows XP Outlook Express 6. Do I need to reinstall OE?

Did you try disabling or removing windows messenger?

Also see if there's anything of interest in your event viewer...
Start, Run, eventvwr.msc

How do I disable Windows Messenger? I checked the event viewer, I have a warning for W32Time. This is the decription of the warning:

The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

You don't need to disable messenger - I was asking if you had tried to. I assume that your answer means no, you did not try to disable windows messenger.

The the time syncronization is unrelated to your OE problem.

You might start with the system file checker. Open a command prompt and type sfc /scannow. Have your xp cd handy.

Thanks everyone for the help. I fixed it by doing the sfc /scannow.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back