Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express Outbound Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlack

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2001
US
Does anyone know a good solution for the following? I have 2 traveling laptops, both configured in OE to send and receive emails on my ISP's server once dialing in. Occassionaly they are brought to a different location and hooked up on the network LAN. The Internet access through the network is with a different ISP, so each time we use OE to send out mail I need to go in the mailbox account properties and change the outgoing SMTP server to the one matching the ISP on the LAN. Is there a better way?

Easiest way is to use something like mail2web.com or some other web portal. Or you could set up the conneciton within Outlook Express to use Dial Up (Your primary conneciton) as the default, and use your Work ISP's setting as a secondary conneciton, whenever the primary isn't available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back