Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express not working at some Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

isha

MIS
Mar 7, 2002
IN
We have a small network at our office having a server and about 50 Clients. Earlier Proxy Server was loaded at our server. Now it has been changed to ISA Server. But after the ISA Server was loaded e-mail through outlook express is not working at some clients. These clients were recently formatted and firewall client has been loaded on these Clients. On other clients where MSProxy Client was loaded earlier when there was Proxy Server the mail through outlook express is still working fine without any modification.
Anyone who can help is most welcome.

Hi,

Not sure if this will help much, but try looking at the Firewall client settings with Client settings on the ISA Management console, had to play around with a few things there myself to get things to work.

VrIT

Using any type of ISA client, you cannot force authentication for the WEb Proxy Service.

OE uses HTTP to access teh account and all HTTP traffic requests are processed by the Web Proxy Service. OE 5.5 sends your Hotmail credential, not your domain credentials to the Web Proxy Service.

Try using OE 6 which may help, not sure

Another option is to not force authentication for Web Proxy

Last option is that IF YOUR DOMAIN CREDENTIALS AND HOTMAIL CREDENTIALS have identical username and passwords, then it should still work. Otherwise, they will have to get email via their web browsers.

L8!

Evil Klown

In my exeprience I dont use Firewall Client but just configuring client in the LAT and changed the default gateway pointed to ISA external and Publish the server in ISA.

Mail is not going out or coming in? Are you hosting your own mail server?

ChrisP

Dear ChrisP

The mail is neither going out nor comming in. We are not hosting our own mail server.

Isha

Do you have a rule allowing SMTP out and POP3, IMAP, and/or MAPI in? ...or however you have your mail set up.

Right click on the ISA server object in ISA Manager and go to properties. Check the tabs that say something like "Incoming Web Requests" and "Outgoing Web Requests". Are they listening on the correct addresses?

ChrisP

Dear ChrisP

Protocol rules have been there having mail protocols as SMTP,POP3,HTTP,IMAP4 etc.

On checking the "Incoming Web Requests" no entry was found.
In "Outgoing Web Requests" the radio button "Use the same listener configuration for all IP addresses" was found checked and there was one entry with the Servername-our server name and IP address-All internal IP address.

Please tell me what is wrong.

Isha

Are any of the protocol rules working, whether inbound or outbound?

"But after the ISA Server was loaded e-mail through outlook express is not working at some clients." --> does this mean that you are receiving and sending mail from some clients?

Did you publish the mail server in ISA?

ChrisP

ChrisP
Mail through Outlook Express is working fine on the clients on which Microsoft Proxy Client was already loaded as prior to the ISA Server Proxy Server was loaded in our Server. After setting up the ISA Server the mail through outlook express on the clients which have MSP Client, is working fine. But it is not working on the Clients on which we have removed MSP Client and loaded Firewall Client.
Isha

Is the Firewall client configured correctly? Make sure its configured the same way as the old proxy client.

ChrisP

ChrisP
Firewall Client is configured correctly and Internet is also working fine at the clients.
Isha

I have the same problem..But I 'm using securenat configuration..But I can not send or recieve mails on a mail server that is outside of my organization. I m forceing users on the network to be authenticated by domain controller, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back