Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook express no vertical scroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilasH

Technical User
Mar 18, 2004
US
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but searched, turned up zero. Situation: In Outlook Express, I can no longer scroll vertically through messages--rolling mouse wheel moves messages only horizontally. Down arrow moves vertically through messages. File Folders scroll vertically and Preview Pane scrolls through message vertically. Don't know what I did to make the change, if I'm the culprit. Anybody got ideas? Thanks!

Thanks. No. Have not tried a different mouse. This mouse works perfectly in vertical scroll on all other pages EXCEPT my list of Outlook Express messages. I believe that it is a toggle setting causing the problem. Just don't know the un-toggle procedure. I do understand that it is supposed to be possible to change scroll direction with the scroll bar. Tried that over and over. Not happening.

sometimes mouse software sits in the system tray, and if you double click on it, there should be a popup menu where you can adjust settings for your mouse

alternatively, you could go into your control panel, under Mouse, and make adjustments there...

Sometimes the best way to change these things though, is to use the software that came with the mouse (if it's non standard...)

Good luck!
C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back