Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igwiz

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
CA
HELP!

ALL my messages in OUtlook have disappeared. The only thing I can think may have had an effect is I uninstalled Norton AntiVirus and said 'Yes' to delete quarnatined files.

I need my messages back! Please help!!!

Ig

Have you changed your login name or set up a new user?

Can you find your *.pst file when doing a file find?

Outlook Express does no use the PST file format, its DBX files. His subject says Outlook Express, his message says Outlook so we need first to determine this...

If you had messages in Quarantine, they would not have showed up in OLE, they would have been in a Norton Quarantine location.

DO a search for *.dbx on your system and see if you can locate where they are.... I always keep mine in a location other than the OLE Default so I'm not certain any more where the default location is, sorry.....

If you find them still on the system, check your path to them in OLE. Go to....

Tools > Options > Maintenance > Store Folder and make sure it points to the right location, if it does not, select "CHANGE" and point it to the right location.

Hope this helps....

if you find no DBX files, they're gone if not in the Recycle bin to "Restore" then not sure where they might be....

I'm sure this is a silly question, but... did you ever backup those files? If so, you can at least have most of it up to the last backup.

Good luck...

Sorry for not having come back to you guys. Trying a couple of suggestions from elsewhere. Not having much luck but have been made aware it is a known issue when installing McAfee Anti-Virus! :(

Sorry for not having come back to you guys. Trying a couple of suggestions from elsewhere. Not having much luck but have been made aware it is a known issue when installing McAfee Anti-Virus! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back