Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook express 6 problem 0x80004005 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo666

Programmer
Jul 8, 2002
CA
Hi all ,

outlook is giving me some troubles, one of my users is not able to fetch is emails from the server anymore but he can send all he wants

the error message that outlook is giving me

An Unknown error has occurred. Account:'user.name', Server: 'pop.domain.net',Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL):No, Error Number:0x80004005

ok , i've tried to rename pop3uidl.dbx, it did not worked
i also deleted it, did not worked again....

does anybody have a clue as what is wrong?
or
does someboday have a work-around for that one?

Thanks all

Fred

If you're having the same problem try this...

But that article refers to an older version of Outlook Express. Newer versions use .dbx files. So first open Outlook and the Inbox and move all the emails you want to save out of the Inbox and into another folder. If there are any subfolders in the Inbox then you might want to move those as well. Then with Outlook CLOSED locate Inbox.dbx and delete it. That will delete the Inbox folder in OE and ALL emails in it. Then open OE. When you do a new Inbox.dbx file and a new Inbox folder will be created clean. See if that fixes it.

I am facing the same problem you are mentioning here, did you solve it?

well i can tell you that the bugbear virus did that to alot of my customers. try disabling all start-up items and try again. "Jack of all trades. Master of none."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back