Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express 6 - Missing Body Text ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkp

Programmer
May 14, 2001
EU
HI,

I am missing the body text in the my e-mails.

I have tried the Microsoft fix...but it didn't work.

I am using win98, outlook express 6, IE 6.

This problem started after I went from v5 to v6.

Can anyone suggest how I can get my email body text messages to show ?

Thanks

The problem may be related to that discussed in thread605-812216.

I just started having this issue on my WinXP Home machine.

You can see the body text of the emails in my case by either saving the email (File->Save As) as text, or by looking at the email properties, and digging in for the body text that way.

Either way stinks.

I've applied the latest and greatest from Microsoft (SP3, etc.) as of 4/5/04, but no luck.

I did see one other mention of this issue being experience by a Norton anti-virus user. My machine runs McAfee.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks PAnderson for the links. Found solution that worked.

Mulljc - if you dig around the forums that are available via the link Panderson has given hopefully you will find a solution.

Hello all,
I am having this exact same problem. A virus scan did pick up the "swen" or "beagle" virus. I ran the McAfee stinger and now the system is coming up clean but I still can't see the body of text in my e-mails. I have Outlook Express 6, Windows 98. I have run all Windows updates. I have Mcafee, not Norton but I'm thinking maybe the antivirus program is still detecting the virus and blocking text. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back