Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express 6 - Mail doesnt leave outbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stax

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
US
Hi,

I'm using Outlook Express 6 and have no problem with it until i recently traveled. I was using a different internet connection, i sent and received my mail. That may not be relevant but since then when ever I sent an Email the following happens.

The Email goes to the outbox, Outlook tries to send it and I get an error box with the message 'some errors occured while processing the requested tasks, please review the list of errors below for more detailes' but there is no list of errors. The Email does get sent but Outlook doesnt seem to realize and the mail stays in my outbox and doesnt move to 'sent items'. Everytime I hit send/receive i get the same message.

Does anybody know why this would be?
Thanks
Shaun

Try contacting your ISP and ask them to help you review the settings.

--
JP

Your 'sent items' folder is likely damaged. Do this to fix it:

[ol][li]If there's anything in your sent items folder that you want to keep, create a new teporary folder & drag the stuff that you want to keep to the new folder. If there's nothing that you want to keep, skip this step.[/li]
[li]Close OE and search your hard drive for 'sent items.dbx'. Be sure to include hidden & system files in your search[/li]
[li]Delete the 'sent items' folder found in step 2. Be sure to only delete the one for your user profile (if that machine has multiple users, there will be 1 for each user)[/li]
[li]When you open OE, a new sent items folder will be created and you can drag your previously saved messages back to the new sent items folder[/li]
[li]send a message to test[/li][/ol]

That worked great, Smah
It looks like the sent items got corrupted somehow! thanks so much for the replies.
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back