Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aferlisi

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2005
US
I am trying to import Outlook express files into Outlook 2003. When doing this I get an error message saying that the files are in use, or the Outlook express files are not there. What do I need to do? I have closed all apps and verified that I copied over the corerect .dbx files. The address book copied over fine, however.

Exactly how did you 'copy over' the .dbx files? And did you include folders.dbx & pop3uidl.dbx?

Ran a local search for dbx files the copied to network share, then After installing tried to import into Outlook 2003. I did not copy over the pop3uidl.dbx file.

Is the network share writeable from the newcomputer? What you're seing is common if the files are not writeable (this happens often when the files are copied to cd, for example).

It is the users folder on the server. They have full control.

Thanks smah. That was it. Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back