Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Express 6.0 Bug in Message Rules feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

vfpeter

Programmer
Nov 14, 2003
US
I created a message rule, whereby if I get email from particular source, it should be deleted. The problem is that my task bar shows 'New Message' icon. So I added one more option to that rule - 'Mark the Message as Read'. Now, the message gets moved to 'Deleted Items' folder and is no longer marked as new. But I can still see the new message icon in my windows 2000 task bar. When I go and click on the message is when the icon disappears.

Is this a bug and if so is there a workaround?

Another addition to Microsoft Bugs list.
Probably either the users/creators don't care about these small things and live on..

regards
MP

This is bugging me, because I get lot of messages from that source and my task bar keeps showing new messages. I cannot differentiate if this is new message in InBox or the delete read message (which shows up as new message in Taskbar)

Has anyone found a workaround to this?? :)-<

Click Tools > Options > Email Options > Advanced Email Options > Click the box in the middle that says &quot;show an envelope icon in the system tray&quot;.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back