Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook error using PGP 7.03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauntlet

MIS
Aug 9, 2001
GB
Whenever I click on a encrypted message that were send to my inbox I get the following error: Outlook.exe have generated errors & will be closed. This error will keep on appearing until I delete the message. Any thoughts on this ?

I get the same thing... :( I'm using Outlook 2000 on Win2k SP2.

Anybody have a clue what to do? Seems like a bug in the plugin code.

I am experiencing the same problem on one of my systems, but not on another using V7.03
Good system is configured:
Windows 2000 SP1
Outlook 2000 connecting to Exchange 5.5 SP4 server.

System with errors is:
Windows 2000 SP1
Outlooks 2000 connecting to an Exchange 2000 server.

Configuring PGP on another machine that connects to the Exchange 2000 server produces the same error leading me to believe that the problem may be related to Exchange, not the client. Nothing in TechNet about it though!

I am having the same problem. Running Win 2K Sp2, w/ O2K NOT EXCHANGE SERVER. Occurs on multiple computers with the same specs. Very irritating, and have found no information. Please let me know any solutions.

i get a pgp error when i open outlook and it says that it was an improper initialization, but after that i click ok and it still allows me to use outlook and work on it normally, what cani do so that the error no longer comes out.

I am getting the exact same symptoms as above. Win2k SP2, Outlook2k, Exchange 2k SP3 and PGP 7.0.3. When clicking on signed message get Outlook.exe error.

After my initial post I started using PGP with Outlook Express & it works fine. Still no clue as to why it bombed out on Outlook.

The patch-pgphotfix.asp mentioned above is no longer freely available. However, I discovered today why I just started getting that error: "PGP Error ... Improper Initialization" whenever I open Outlook 2000.

Recently I downloaded to check for and remove adware/spyware from my Win2kPro machine. I had it remove several cookies and a few registry entries it found. Once I had it restore the two registry entries that it had marked as "DSO Exploits", the above error went away.

You can find more on the DSO Exploit at
<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back