Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook error after Mailbox move

Status
Not open for further replies.

systemsadmin3000

Technical User
Sep 8, 2005
TT
I have an Exchange 2003 server, Exch1, one which users' mailboxes origianlly resided. I installed another exchange 2003 server with the same configuration as Exch1, Exch2, and moved all the users' mailboxes from Exch1 to Exch2. The mailbox move was successful on the server end.

Users on the client end are running Outlook 2003 & Outlook 2000. However, when users click on the Send/Receive button they get the following error:

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

Users are still able to send and receive email but they just get this annoying error.

Research has identified tis error to be a problem with the offline address book. Now I had a DNS replication issue with this server and I though that this was causing the problem but the DNS replication was solved and still users are getting this error.

I tried to do a rebuild of the Offline Address Book but that did not solve the problem. Can anyone help?

You could try this

Exchange System Manager:

Goto Recipients->Offline Address Lists->Default Offline Address list, right click and select rebuild.

I don't know if this will help but when I go into:

System Manager-Administrative Groups-Folders-Public Folder (with the view system folders option checked) and I right click on the folder: /o=GHL/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List

and I click Properties, under the Replication Tab- Details i am seeing the replication status of the two other exchange servers I have in my environments showing up as In Sync while the server that I am having the problem with, the status is showing up as Local Modified. Is this a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back