Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook doing a funky calendar thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlm823

Programmer
Oct 29, 2003
US
Hello

In Microsoft Outlook -- when a calendar item is sent to someone it comes across as an email -- doesn't let you accept/reject etc.

This is Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP Home edition system. And they are sending the email to a Outlook 2000 on Windows XP Professional system.

Have you ever heard of anything like this and if so how can you correct it?

Thanks.

Are they trying to forward a calendar item, or send a meeting request. I would think that what they are desiring is the result of a "Meeting Request."

File -> New -> Meeting Request.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

It is when you do a meeting request that this happens.

I send a meeting request from the XP Home computer and those on XP Professional get an email that states time, when, where. Doesn't request them to accept, reject.. and nothing appears on the calendar for it.

Are you sure that the "attendies" or "attendy" is listed as required and not optional or something else? Even if optional, it should show an accept or reject option.

Another thought is this: Are both of these email addresses on the same Microsoft Exchange Server, or are they not on an Exchange Server at all. I would think that possibly this feature does not work the same with accept and reject unless both emails are on the same exchange server - but I'm not sure, as I've not tried it outside of a single Exchange Server.

Also, have you tried sending the Meeting Request from the opposite direction, just to see if it is something to do with just the sending computer?

And just to make sure, this is a "new" meeting request, and not a reply to one?

--

If you send the request from the Professional to the Home it does come up on the calendar.

Yes this is a NEW request.

Everyone is on the same microsoft exchange server.

Well, surely the OS has nothing to do with it. The evidence seems to point in that direction, but it would make more sense that a setting or option in Outlook is causing the error. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that makes any sense for this one.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back