Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook doesnt seem to get updates from the Exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvar

MIS
Jun 9, 2004
IS
This is an odd problem. Few weeks ago sometimes on my workstation I didnt recieve any emails untill I pressed the send recieve button. Then a few days later it started to work normaly again. I got emails when the server got the emails.

At first I thought that for some reason outlook went into offline mode but sadly its not that simple as outlook says that it is connected. Now at least two of my users have been experiancing this problem. I have searched microsoft support pages and havent found anything yet.

Is this a known problem or something else?

exchange server running win2003 and exchange2003 both with the most recent service packs

workstations running winxp with sp2 and outlook2003

SP2 could be the cause, not sure, I was running the release clients of sp2 when it happened on my workstation, running final sp2 now. The other workstations having this problem have only had final sp2 on them for a 1-2 weeks.

Two things to check.

There is a huge list of programs that have problems working after XP sp2, search Microsofts site and you can find the list (it's over 50 programs).

The other thing is that if you have caching enabled in Outlook 03 make sure that you are working on-line, and haven't told it to work off line.

I'd still bet on sp2.

yes, sp2 could be the reason for this problem

I found this link

not quite the same problem but it could be related, I'm going to set a forced send recieve every minute for one of the users and see if it fixes it

its working online, I suspected the same that it somehow had gotten offline, has happened once or twice but that was not the case this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back