Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook displays Alias Name not display name

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonb2

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have an exchange 5.5 site in a different organisation that sends me a .csv file with all their users to import into my GAL.

The problem is that after the import when I receive any emails from this site / org I see in the From box in outlook the alias name of this person not the display name.

Has anyone ever seen this or is there a default setting in my site / organisation or their site / organisation that has to be set in order for me to see their display name.

NB. I do have around 80 other organisations that send me csv file to import into my GAL and this doesn't happen to these entries, so I'm reckoning the problem might be at their end not mine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

jonb2

Have you checked what the import file they send to you contains? Does it have a 'Display Name' column in the format you need? If not, you can make one before you import the data.

zbnet,

All the csv files I receive have a display name column with the display name of all the entries showing a display name. Also, when I open the contact in Outlook I can see the display name on the properties of the custom recipient and in the GAL the recipients are ordered by display name.

When I receive an email I get the alias in the From Field and when I reply to the email I get the Alias in the To field but if I pick the address from the address book I get the display name.

Thanks for your input.

Jon

Have you changed your ResolveP2 setting recently? (Registry of the IMS server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back