Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook custom form not going to Sent Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanWalter

Programmer
Nov 29, 2000
US
Hi there,
I have an Outlook 2007 custom form used to capture some data and a message. It is of the type "Note" and sends the form as an email item. However, the form as sent does not show up in the "Sent Items" folder for the user. How do I make sure the email message goes to the "Sent Items" folder?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Walter
try { succeed(); } catch(E) { tryAgain(); } finally { rtfm(); }

Is the email being sent via VBA? Perhaps (and I wouldn't think you would have to do this) you will need to save the email tot he Sent Items folder via code. Perhaps it is because of the method of sending it, and if that is the case, then coding the save will cover it.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

No, the email is being sent by clicking on the Send button in the ribbon. The item type is Note, so it responds to the ribbon.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Walter

Here's another crazy sounding method that should also work w/o requiring any code...

1. Add the sender's name to the BCC field of the email message when generated.
2. Add a new Rule to Outlook saying that when a message is received with the original Sender's email address as the "From" address in the received message, to move it to the Sent Items folder, and mark it as "read".

I think the coding method would be quicker and simpler, but this, I think, would be another alternative.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

kjv1611,
Adding a rule won't work in this spec - there are far too many users. I'm just thinking I must have something configured incorrectly in the form, but for the life of me I can't find it. The documentation for Outlook development is lacking, sadly.

Dan

Dan Walter

True. I've run into situations in Outlook in the past where finding the answers in any help files was rather challenging.

I'll think about it a little more, and see if I can think of any other possibilities..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back