Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Custom Form cannot be registered in OLE registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSMMIT

Technical User
Dec 21, 2000
US
All our users (classified as Power Users) who are running Windows 2000 receive this error in Outlook 2000 when they try to open an Outlook Custom form.

"An error occurred registering the form in the OLE registry"

The form opens up fine for a user who is classified as Administrator. Therefore, it does seem to be a permissions problem. But I need to know what file(s) or registry key to change the permissions on. Does anyone know?

Since Outlook's custom forms are unuseable under Windows 2000, it seems like Microsoft would have some kind of work around for this problem.

I would appreciate any help.

what about if you log on as admin locally, then open the form....log off and then on as the user and try open the form and see if that works... Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Sounded like a good idea, but that did not work.
Although as local administrator, I could open the form, I still could not open it as a Power User.
More information for you ...
We are using the Exchange Server for Outlook.

ahhh!! ok go to Exchange Server...you will see your Domain, and under that you will see address book views and under that Folders. Expand Folders, then expand system Folders, then Expand EFORMS REGISTRY and in here go to Organisation Forms....then you can go to the properties of that using the button up the top by New Mailbox etc....
and in here you can set the permissions, although the forms should already be set to Anyone for viewing. Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Hi,

I've got this problem too, I reckon it might be something to to with permissions in the local registry. Just don't know where it is! Any ideas??

Jabba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back