Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook contacts question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreikun

Technical User
Apr 23, 2002
US
Hello. When I compose a new email, I click on "To..", then choose a name in my 'Contacts' list to send to and that name then shows up in the 'To' field on the email. The format is always 'Last Name, First Name'

My question is: How can I get it to list the name 'First Name Last Name'in the 'To' field instead of the default 'Last Name, First Name' format?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Open your OE > Tools > Address Book > Double Click a contact. The Properties will open, you can either swap round the first & last name entries or where in says Didplay Nickname enter what you would like to appear in To:

Test this - In OE where you have your contacts on the left double click and the new nickname will appear.

Regards

M

Hey ManicMark. Thanks for your reply. I did what you suggested but to no avail. After opening OE > Tools > Address Book and double clicking a contact I found the 'Nickname' field under the 'Details' tab, however, even when I put in 'FirstName LastName' in the field and save it, nothing changes.

After clicking on the name from my 'contact' list and pressing OK, what appears in the 'To:' field is

'LastName, FirstName (E-mail)'

Is is possible to get this to say

'FirstName LastName (E-mail)' or 'FirstName (E-mail)' instead?

This is obviously not a crucial matter. I am, however, very curious if this could be done or not.

Thank you!

FYI - Im using Outlook on Microsoft Office XP. Not Outlook Express.

Have a look at Tools, Options, Preferences tab, Contact Options button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back