Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Clients using Notes - Repeat Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

disham

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2002
GB
Thanks in advance.

Several users have been set to use Outlook as their client to access email.

Have changed settings to IMAP on Lotus Notes - all seems to be working fine.

The mail for these users on lotus is not marked as read, the user with the most unread mail then seems to receive all unread mails over and over again - it only affects one user with the most unread mail at that point in time. Otherwise everything is fine.

Thanks Di

Has anyone had this problem?
Can anyone help me?

Thanks Again

Di,

I don't know if this relates to your problem, but I had a similar thing happen to my users. Lotus Notes R5, Domino R5. We have an outside mail server hosting our mail that the individual clients grab via a POP account on their Lotus Notes. Make sense? That's right; no MX record pointing to our internal server for outside mail.

Anyway, if I don't remember to tell the POP account to NOT keep mail on the server, they'll keep getting copies of e-mails they just deleted. I think once its gone from the Lotus Notes inbox, and the replicator runs again, it'll just download those messages again. But if the POP account says to remove e-mail from the server, then they don't get repeat e-mails.

I hope that helped and isn't as confusing as I see it. :p I promise to work on my (broken) English.

<<<<[flux]>>>>

Thanks Flux,

I since reported the problem to IBM.

For anyone interested it is a known problem see below:

There is a known issue with unread mark with DAMO, however this is partially fixed (does not work for mail containing an attachment) in Domino 6.5.3 and fully fixed in the next release, 6.5.4.

Title: Previously Read Documents Show Up as Unread in Domino Access for MS Outlook
Doc #: 1179201
URL:

This seems to be the exact problem I am encountering. The only thing is that I wan't to access my mail when I'm "en route". So it is that once I read it I let it be on teh server so I can download teh message again. But soem spam mail I have received I want do delete from my in box. But it is not from teh server. So I get it back over and over. I use R5. Does anybody have a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back