Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook clients say exhcange is busy / not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdl508

Technical User
Apr 30, 2001
US
Hello, I have user at my site complaining of not being able to access email immediately. When they open there outlook clientit has a popup that says outlook is busy with a cancel request button. This is even worse on one of our WAN sites. I have changed the timout settings in outlook to 90 seconds and there hasnt been a change. anyhelp would be great. thanks
jdl

I had this same problem at one location in another state. I gave the users at that location an LMHOST file containing the exchange server's IP address and name. That corrected the problem. Hope this helps.

Check their DNS settings on the PCs in question.

We had a similar problem, which I fixed by doing a reg hack - look at MS articles Q136516 or Q155048

It involves the binding order of the protocols. This applies to NT, Win9X clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back