Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook client with LNotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nom

Programmer
Jan 5, 2000
GB
I am trying to connect to Lotus Notes using MS Outlook. Apparently the email profile needs to be setup but I have not been able to find a concise descriptionof how this is done. Any ideas ?

Not sure really, but the "SMTP task" must be enabled in the Domino server..hope it will lead you onm your way..

The SMTP task must be run to enable you to send email to outside the domino domain and POP3 task need to run to enable non-Notes Client to download the email from the mail file to local inbox via POP3 protocols. <p>Eas Kwok<br><a href=mailto:eas@fnmail.com>eas@fnmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I've tried with Outlook and it works just fine here some hints:<br>
The in/out going STMP mailserver is the Dominoservername.<br>
disable the password verif. option,, Domino wont understand it, if using POP3 check the box that says &quot;keep copy on server&quot; otherwise your mail will be deleted and when trying to logon to the server use the &quot;http password&quot; not your user.id password, i haven't got IMAP to work, it is something wrong with the fileconversion in Domino me thinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back