Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook client storing email locally and taking it out of the mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyt1513

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2002
US
I am running Exchange 2000 in another domain than the corp network. When the Outlook clients connect from a PC in another domain than the exchange Server it all works great but. The outlook client permantly pulls the email out of the mailbox and stores it locally how does that get fixed? I want the email to always stay in the mailbox on the exchange server.

sounds like your Outlook client is accessing the server using POP3.

In Outlook 2000 ... go to Tools | Options | Mail Services | Reconfigure Mail Support ..... I think your's may be set to Internet Only

It could also be that the delivery is set to a local PST file, even if the client is setup as an Exchange client. Go to Tools/Services/Delivery and see what the Deliver new mail is set to, probably a local PST file. This would pull the e-mail off the Exchange server.

Dave

Dave you are right, how do I change this? Or what do I change it to to leave it on the Exchange Server. The pc clients in the domain leave it in the Mailbox

Just set it to Mailbox - "User Name", and it should stay on the Exchange server and not go to the users PST file.

If the users aren't supposed to have PST file, then remove their Personal Folder from the Services.

Dave

hii all ,
I have a question regarding the same topic . Suppose i am sending mails to the pst file , then when i send mails where does the mail show in the sent item list , it actually shows in the exchange sent item list , i want it to come to the personal folder sent item list . If it possible . Pls Help.

Regards
Anup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back