Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook cannot start...

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer02

MIS
Aug 13, 2005
US
Hi Everyone,

I've installed Citrix MetaFrame XP 1e with Presentation server version 3 feature service pack 3 on two windows 2003 servers. I installed Office 2003 on these two servers with Outlook, Excel, Word...All of the components form office works fine except Outlook. I did install office with transform file. Can you please tell me what steps should be done to correct this problem? Also, there are two servers, however, when users run program on server1, server2 can see that users although both server are in the same farm and ca see each other from the server farm. Thanks.

Are you seeing a specific error message pop-up? What sort of event log entries do you have to match this problem?

Hi,

No, I did not see any error why trying connect to Outlook. I did not check the Event View yet. Other office programs works without any problem. In the transform file, do I need to do any modification to specify Exchange server or anything like that? After I clicked on Outlook icon, Citrix checked on logon user, it went through the negotiation processes and all the usual steps, but it stoped at the end. Anything I should do with the registry or something else? Thanks for your help.

Toan

This works perfect

The problem was screenspeedapi.dll. I removed iexplore.exe and outlook.exe from HKLM\Software\Citrix\CtxHook\AppInit_DLLS\speedscreen\

After that I rebooted the server, made a ICA connection and everything worked great again.

I found it on a site tonight, did it works great

Rob

Hi Rob,

It works fine after I followed the instruction you posted. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back