Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Calendar Isse

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaineyma

Technical User
Jul 27, 2006
GB
We have a public access calendar (via public folders) in Outlok 2003 that is used by a specific number of people. The same calendar is also added to a users mailbox. Permissions are the same throughout. The issue we face is that when the user updates the calendar via her mailbox it doesnt reflect changes on the public folder calendar and also the same happens the other way so when the calendar is updated with an entry on the public folder it doesnt show the update on the users mailbox calendar which is the same.

All settings, permissions etc are the same.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Is this affecting all users or just one...you say 'when the user' and 'her mailbox' which makes me think just one.
Are users working in cached exchange mode? Has this always happened for the one user or only just started?

I used to have a handle on life... but it broke. Cpt. Red Bull

Yes sorry this is for one user, no we are not in cached exchange mode. Has happened for this user only who is the only one setup in this way. It has only happened since they did a floor move and i believe they are on a different vlan on their current floor from where they moved, but, the exchange server and settings are the same. Any ideas? They are due to move back to their floor (it was being refurbished) next week so if i cant fix it will be interesting to see what happens when she does move back as it was working fine there, maybe due to a different vlan perhaps?

If I'm misunderstanding your problem I apologize... But as far as I know in Exchange 2003, a Public Calendar (which is really just a container of Calendar items in "Public Folders") is not linked to a users Personal calendar in any way (at least, not without 3rd party software).

When we click on folder list it shows as a public calendar but the same calendar is also in the users folder list as well, this wont work right? user seems to think it has done, I am not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back