Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Calendar--Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadave

Instructor
Jan 12, 2001
CA
I'm so excited...my first post! s-)

In Outlook Calendar, if I have a bunch of Contacts at the same company, and that company's address (or phone number for example) changes, can I make one change for all Contacts at that same company?

Thanks!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed,

Cd

Um, contacts aren't kept in the calendar, right? Anyway, Dave, I'm pretty sure you can do that, provided you set the company up first and then start adding the contacts. Not sure if you can do it after all the contacts are created.

In Outlook 2000, select Actions-New contact from same company. Others may have similar, but I'll need your version to be sure.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

OK, Dreamy, now I'm not so excited anymore...just embarassed :-(

I associate Contacts with the Calendar, but I guess I shouldn't. My post should have read, "In Outlook 2000, I have a bunch of contacts...".

Anyway, I know about the "New contact from same company" feature, but I'm looking for something to edit all these contacts at the same time, at a later date. I'm having no luck (except exporting all contacts to Excel and making the change there).

Thanks anyway,

Cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back