Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Calandars - Room Reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 1998
US
I am using Outlook 2000 with Exchange and want to be able to schedule our meeting rooms when we are setting up a meeting request. I need to be able to find out if one of the rooms is available so that the meeting can be properly scheduled.

Can this be done? Do I need a mailbox(calendar) for each room? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Chuck Catanese

Each Meeting Room would need to be setup as a Resource. Therefore, it would get a calendar associated with it, however it would be self maintaining as the meeting coordinators would be able to see the schedule.

If you allow meetings to be scheduled outside of Outlook, then I would suggest you have a calendar for each meeting room so that an administrative can mark the Resource busy for the appropriate time.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. Next question is how can I have the resource automatically accept the meeting request? Is there a setting that can be changed?

If this is not possible - do I have to use the appointments rather than a meeting request?

If you search back through this forum about a month or six weeks there was an very in depth answer on setting up meeting room requests including how to get an auto answer to say that the room was busy.

thanks --

I did find out that going into Outlook for the resource mail box and selecting tools, options, calendar options, resource options that I can set the resource to autorespond.

This has been a big help. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back