Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheronne

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
US
I appologize for being one of those people that post the same question (as I know I have seen the answer before); however, I have been searching for and can not find it. With that said.........

I am trying to Automate Outlook and when I try to access outlook, a box pops up which allows me to grant access to another program for up to ten minutes. Is there a work around for this?

Thanks

faq194-1856 or faq184-1768

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

If you're talking about the new security features in Outlook 2000 SP2 and Outlook XP, then you might want to look at Redemption:
Redemption allows you to send email and access all the other things you could before all the security patches where applied to Outlook 2000 SP2 and XP. Here's some VFP sample code:
Code:
*-- Example VFP Code using Redemption DLL
LOCAL oRedem, oOutlook, oMail

oRedem = CREATEOBJECT("Redemption.SafeMailItem")
oOutlook = CREATEOBJECT("Outlook.Application")
oMail = oOutlook.CreateItem(0)

*-- This needs to be done before trying to access the Redempion methods
*-- and Properties.
WITH oRedem
   .Item = oMail
   .Receipients.Add("user@domain.com")
   .Subject = "Test Email"
   .Body = "This email goes past the Security in Outlook XP"
   .Send
ENDWITH

oMail = .NULL.
oOutlook = .NULL.
oRedem = .NULL.

I remember a function completely written in VFP that does (almost ?) the same as the Redemption dll. If I am not mistaken, it was posted to one of the VFP newsgroups on the Microsoft server. You may want to search groups.google.com.

EricDenDoop

You may have noticed the FAQ I pointed to, onw of which refers to CDO automation. I believe that might be the one you are refering too. And the other FAQ points to the redemption you mentionned.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Hi Mike,

Yes the FAQ is indeed about the tool I was refering to. When I posted my message, your message wasn't visible yet. So I think we posted our messages at the same time, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it at all.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back