Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook - Attaching a file is really slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfunk123

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2001
GB
I have this problem when attaching a file from a particular server (It is actually the SMS server but it has a huge disk and we use one partition as a file server). We use Outlook 2000. When we attach a file from this server it sits there for about 30 seconds to 1 minute (regardless of file size) before it attaches. If you try to browse through NT explorer then everything is fine and dandy. There are no network issues with this server (as far as i can tell), The ping and browsing are fine and disk space is fine.

This is occurring on every outlook in the company

We are running exchange 5.5 sp4 on a fully nt4 sp5 network

Does anybody know what this could be?

Hi gfunk123

We've had this in the gaff I'm in right now, but it appeared to be down to network traffic. We switched off internet services for a while due to nimda and the thing worked like a dream. See if you can log onto your router (using http//ip) and have a look at whether there's a lot of collisions.

Course I could be barking up the wrong tree, but it doesn't sound like an Outlook problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back