Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook as client 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaosk

Programmer
Apr 11, 2001
CL
its possible to use MS OUTLOOK (not express) as a client of GroupWise (addressbook, messages, agenda).?

what are the steps? do i have to install the GW client or i just have to install the mapi.dll?

thx

you can but you will be limitied to the inferior nature of a crappy client

personally i would install the 6.5 client and get the full features

Foxman.. Thanks for that TID. Even though I hate outlook and it is a huge PIG, I have a couple clients that insist on using it. That TID outlines the process great.

I guess the thing to point out is that you can use Outlook and POP3 to get to the groupwise server, but then you have none of the groupwise features. But following that TID, you get the Groupwise address book and a few other things.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

I tried retrieving mail using POP3 using MS Outlook. You'll first enable POP3 support on the GW server, then you'll need to go to the public folder and install the rootcert.der file on your workstations.

Outlook works... but I agree with the rest... you'll have to sacrifice the groupwise features...I'd rather use GW client...

Jimmy

Printer problem - brother mfc 7300c - smear - not readable - presentable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back