Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Anywhere Questions......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyEyesAreBurning

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2006
US
When you install OA can you set it up without having to a certificate. Or even use SSL?
I guess that I could set up IIS to not have to use SSL.
any thoughts would be great.
Thanks,
MEAB

As a suggestion, make sure and verify that your OAB is setup to use certs in IIS... I had OA setup and found that by default this is not checked so it caused my send/receive functionality to hang on the OAB sync.

.. just another gotcha to look for.

Cory

Just and FYI - The OA shouldn't be using HTTPS if you're using an internally generated cert. That's because it uses BITS for the file transfer, which doesn't support self signed certs.

Pat Richard
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Thanks for the input... I'll probably end up just getting a cert... I will also make sure that OAB is setup to use certs in IIS.
great advice as always.
thanks,
MEAB

You can get away without a certificate and just using a self signed cert but you'll get a warning every time (unless you install the self signed cert into the trusted store on that machine).

GoDaddy have them for $20 and comodo also sell them cheaply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back