Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook and Sharepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

timoteius

Technical User
Apr 7, 2006
GB
I need some advice. I am trying to connect sharepoint to outlook. Basically I want to have a booking system where users of the intranet can book equipment and rooms and all this information gets stored in an outlook calendar. I know this can be done via a shared sharepoint calendar with outlook 2007. Currently however, this can be done alone in outlook via a publicly shared calendar.
Is there any way of importing this into sharepoint (wss 3)

So basically I just need to view and access an exisiting calendar from outlook in (wss 3.0)

create a calendar in SharePoint and browse to it. At the calendar screen, select Actions > Connect to Outlook. The calendar will then be available in your outlook and you can create entries from there.

Sorry I don't think you quite understood me. Currently and before we even thought about sharepoint being used, we were using Outlook calendars that were shared in outlook public folder to which could be viewed throughout the network. I want to avoid creating new sharepoint calendars ones as there are many i use (200+), I would simply like to view and add appointments to these existing Outlook calendars via sharepoint.

Anybody got any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back