Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook and Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanny

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2002
CA
I have been given the task of researching the feasability of migrating from Groupwise to Exchange 2003 (I knew I should have gotten into carrot farming when I had the chance). I am trying to find a solution for the following in Outlook 2002 or 2003.

We have several employees that share workstations on the network. The workstations all logon to a Novell server. I know I will have to setup profiles in Outlook, but I want to force the users to enter their password each time they change to their profile. Thus preventing other people from being able to logon to someone elses mail on the same workstation.

Right click on your outlook Icon and choose properties. Click on the services tab. Then Click on Microsoft Exchange Server. Then Click on Properties, then click on the advanced tab, then select NONE from the drop down menu under Logon Network Security. Click on apply and then O.K. and then double click on the Outlook Icon and it should pop up a logon screen that the user can put in their ID,Domain, and Password.

Hope this helps!!!!

timlau

Thanks for the quick response. I will have to try it once I've got my test server up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back