Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook and Act!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilltek

Programmer
Mar 8, 2001
PH
I run Act! 5.0.4.507 on an XP machine.
When I tell Act! to use Outlook (part of Office XP), it tells me it only works with Outlook 98 or later (which Outlook XP certainly is).
Act! will happily use the regular Outlook Express.
The Act! support center lists 5.0.4 as the latest update.
Any ideas?
Ken F

Fixed it thanks.
Loaded Outlook 2000.
Found out too late that Outlook 2000 can't get emails from Hotmail. Brilliant.
Removed Outlook XP
Removed Outlook 2000
Removed Outlook Express
Removed Act! for Palm <--- Might have been this one
Reloaded Outlook XP.
All now works.
Luv the Gates fellow I do.
Ken F

This problem of trying to use outlook and it tells you that outlook has to be 98 or higher is because of a problem with norton antivirus having the script blocking set in the options of norton. There is a document out at about this and I have used it and it works great.

When someone uses the mail merge to send email newsletter using a .gmt template and all contact records (many of which do not have email addresses), how does a recipient get multiple copies of the email? Is this because the email field is not wiped/cleared between records if there is no email address in the contact record and it retains an email address until another email address 'pushes' it out. I have a client to whom this happened when sending out email. 1200 contacts and some folks got it many times. I would say less than 50% had email addresses, but client chose not to do lookup, but all contacts.

Have a similar problem: one machine running XP Home and Office/Outlook XP/2002 with Act! 6 - although both these functions were working before, now they are not - clicking on the email link to send via Outlook brings a brief hourglass, then nothing; ditto when attempting to do an Act! email mail/merge. Have reinstalled Act & updates over existing version, then done a repair on Office. No dice.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back