Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook & Ascii-US

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBreeze

Technical User
Jun 15, 2001
US
Hi there,

All of a sudden I can't read any message in Outlook 2000 that is in html - ascii-us format. I was able to before.

Any idea what to do? Thanks!

Have you tried this:
1). Open Outlook
2). Click the "Tools"
3). Select "Options"
4). Click on the "Mail Format" tab
5). Check to see which option is selected in the "Send in this message format" area, under the "message format" area.

Note that if you are only experiencing this problem when "Replying" to a received message, the format of the body of your reply is probably controlled by the 'mail format' of the sender. In other words, if the 'sender' used "ASCII" then your response will also be in ASCII.

Whenever I have this happen and desire to change the format I open a "new" message and cut/paste the sender's message into the body of the "new" message (the new message is either "Rich Text" or "HTML") and then I can control what I input/add in my reply. (There's probably a better/easier way to do this, but I haven't found it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back