Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calb

Technical User
Aug 10, 2001
GB
I want to add the Outlook Address Book, so it saves the information on the Exchange 5.5 server.
What's happaning is, I can create the the Outlook Address Book, add all my contacts and everything.
Don't want to get this confused with the contacts in Outlook.
When I got to send an e-mail, click on TO the address book appears along with the College address book which is fine.
But when I log out and log back in, the Outlook Address book has gone, then I have to reset it up again.
For some reasons the Address book isn't being saved back to the Exchange server.

We use this script to for Outlook.
\\bmcadmin1\sysvol\outlook\profgen.exe \\bmcadmin1\sysvol\outlook\newprof.exe -p \\bmcadmin1\sysvol\outlook\custom.prf -x -r.

Cheers

Why not use the contacts folder since it is on the server already? Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

The problem is, when you click on to New Email - TO to select e-mail address, you can't select from the Contacts list. It only comes up with a Global list and then Student, teaching staff and admin staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back