Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 98 - Tasks will not delete from My Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiserr2

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
CA
Hi all

I ran into a problem from one of my users about a week ago and I can't make heads or tails out of it. They brought to my attention that they had 3 additional items listed under tasks on the main "My Outlook" screen in Outlook 98. 2 items were actually Microsoft Word Documents(both the same) and one other item was an excell spreadsheet. When you click on any of these itmes the docmument/spreadsheet would launch but we cannot get them out of the tasks lists. When trying to check the check box to mark it as complete, the box would grey out. When looking for the items under the task folder itself they were not listed. When I deleted of physically moved the items, when clicking on the link in tasks it would create another copy and save it automatically in the Windows Temp folder. The items have been in the same spot in My Outlook for about a week or so now and I've run out of ideas on what to try next.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Outlook 98
Windows NT - Service Pack 6a

Sorry, I mean to say Outlook Today - not My Outlook. Just substitute Outlook Today wherever you see My Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back