Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 97 time stamp error

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcmusic

MIS
May 5, 1999
US
Visit site
Whenever I send or receive email the time sent and received is wrong. I can get a reply 3 hours before I sent it according to the time stamp. Also in calendar the meetings sent to me will say one time but when I accept it posts to a different time. what file is corrupt or not working?

Did you ever resolve this. I have one user with the same symptoms and I can't figure it out. If you did, can you let me know

Check the timezone on the PC and the local mailserver. Look at the message headers to see what the local GMT offset is. You should see something like 14 Feb 2000 20:08:11 -0800. The offset is the last portion (-0800). In this case GMT is Feb 15 04:08 and in my timezone it's Feb 14 20:08. If the timezone is incorrect then the timestamp will be incorrect also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back